Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Poem About A Murderer ⎥POEM



Hi everyone!! It's been quite a while... I cannot remember the last time I wrote something for my blog. January is almost over and I have already started writing new poems for this year. You can read some of them on my public Facebook page, simply click on this LINK. It will direct you to my poetry album on Fb. Others you can read on my wall.

Instead I have found this poem here which I would like to share with you. Do you know Patrick Süskind, the author of this book "Perfume"? I have read his book and have even watching the film. It's a great story of a murderer.

The result of it, I have been inspired to write this poem below. I hope you will take your time to read it. It may seem a bit long but it's worth to read. I am posting this poem to show you different sides of my poetry. Inspiration can come from everywhere, sometimes it's a book, other times a thought or a situation. I have read some of my poems from a few years and they are really entertaining me. So many different themes. You can write about anything if you wish to, just give it a try :))

So here comes my poem:


April 07, 2011 – Thursday

Poem about a murderer

I am reading a book
About a morbid tale
Of a monstrous killer
And all in its detail.

He himself cannot smell
But he loves the scents.
The book is very dark
And so is its content.

Abandoned by the wet nurse
She didn’t want that child.
She said it’s evil
Although the baby smiled.

She went to the market
With one thing in mind,
How to get rid of him,
How to leave him behind.

She didn’t want to keep him
She wanted to give him away.
So at this crowded place,
She tried to make her way.

During the first few years,
He changed many families.
They treated him like someone
Who had a disease.

His nose was a gift,
A dangerous one to own.
He was greedy about
Scents that were unknown.

He wanted to keep them
And memorize them all
But how can he do that
When one he can’t recall?

One scent was still missing
It didn’t give him rest.
The scent of a virgin
And her untouched breast.

To find the smell out,
He had to kill one
And that’s how the story
Sadly had begun.

By Sandra Stolnik


Thanks for reading, I hope you have enjoyed this poem! Leave me some comments or feel free to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment