Thursday, September 13, 2012

San Je Bratic Moje Smrti (Croatian Poem)

translation is below :))




It's not common for me to write in my own language because it was a lot more appealing to me to write in a language that wasn't my mother language.


Sleep is the cousin of death
Which slowly needs to die
And accompanies me in another life
To watch people from above.

Sleep is there to put me asleep
And not to wake me up anymore.
Like a corpse in its grave
But my soul is still breathing.

It lives still somewhere far away
Where you have never been
Because your time has not come yet
For the deathly force to call you.

Nov, 2011 by Sandra Stolnik


Some of you may come from one of the Balkan States, so this is why I'd like to share with you today a poem in Croatian language. This is one of those rare poems that I tried in another language because it felt like it was the right time to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment